- Reed Diffusers
- Tropical Safari
- About us
Candle Care & Safety information
- Never leave a burning candle unattended; candles should always be burnt within sight.
- Never use candles as a night-light.
- Always ensure a candle is completely extinguished & the wick is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
- Keep candles out of reach of children & pets.
- Never burn candles on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Trim candle wicks to ½ a centimeter prior to each lighting.
- Long wicks can cause uneven burning, & may cause the flame to flare larger than expected, and shorten burn time.
- Never burn a candle for more than 3 hours at a time.
- Allow the candle to cool completely prior to relighting.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and any other debris at all times.
- Never touch, or attempt to move a burning candle when the wax is liquid.
- Place burning candles a minimum of 10cm apart whilst burning.
- Never burn a candle all the way to the bottom of the vessel.
- Discontinue use when 1 to 1.5 cm remains in the bottom of the glass.
- Burning candles right to the wick tab may cause the flame to swirl, causing
- excessive heat, which may affect the integrity of the glass, causing it to crack.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents, ceiling fans & air currents. This will help prevent rapid, uneven burning, and avoid flame flare ups and sooting. Drafts may also blow lightweight curtains or papers into the flame where they could catch fire.
- Extinguish a candle if it flickers repeatedly, smokes, or the flame is too high. These are indications that the burning is not burning properly. Let it cool, trim the wick, check for drafts, then re-light.
- Cedarwicks used in some SOHUM candles are made from wood, and also need trimming, and care as indicated above. A Cedarwick can produce a larger flame than a regular cotton wick. As with all candles - care should be taken to ensure safety and candle enjoyment.
- The information provided here applies to both Cotton Wick & Cedarwick Candles.
Failure to follow important this safety information may result in personal injury & damage to property and belongings.